Wednesday, August 22, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 152




There are still some hard-to reach areas that need smoothing, but I am starting to think about how I should take the oil-clay figure off the modeling stand in order to cut it apart for molding. I can always smooth these areas when the oil-clay figure is cut apart. Click on the image to enlarge it.



As can be seen in the above photos, most of the areas that still need to be smoothed are between the legs. Behind the legs, the back iron gets in the way of smoothing between the legs. In the front, I can only reach those areas between the legs with a tool. I like to smooth with my fingers because I can feel what is going on so much better. That is why I never used any of the materials that I tried earlier for smoothing the raked oil-clay.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.