Monday, August 27, 2012

04 Modeling Nº 157




I loosened the screw, then tapped the back iron gently with a small hammer to free it from the vertical upright on the modeling stand. Then I lifted the figure off the modeling stand, holding the back iron and the Vice-grip pliers that were attached to the neck wire armature. I placed the figure on the pillow which is on the metal tray. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Then I removed the Vice-grip pliers from the neck wire and clamped them onto the back iron. I slowly turned the back iron to remove it from the back of the oil-clay figure. I am very pleased that I thought of attaching the armature to the  back iron in this manner. It made it very easy to remove the figure from the modeling stand, and to remove the back iron from the figure.






This is what the figure looks like with the back iron removed.






This is the figure turned over onto her back.



The next thing to do is to decide where to cut her legs. I am already thinking about that.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.