Friday, September 21, 2012

06 Waste Molds Nº 12




I am thinking about how to make the hot-melt moulage molds for the oil-clay arms. In Nº 1, in the diagram below, the elbow is up, but the armature wire is flat. This mold would have some thick parts. In Nº 2, in the diagram below, the arm is flat, and the armature wire sticks up. This mold would not have any thick parts. So what I think I am going to do is to make the parting line, like the line in Nº 2. That way, the two halves of the moulage mold will not be very thick. The armature wire will stick out through the moulage, but I should be able to plug the hole when I cast the carving wax. If I do it this way, then Nº 1 shows the top view of the mold, ignoring the red parting line. I will be able to place my registration keys where it says too thick.



My next question is whether I should try to mold both arms at the same time, or just mold each arm separately? I still have some thinking to do about this mold.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.