Thursday, September 27, 2012

06 Waste Molds Nº 17




I carved a registration key in the clay build-up, using my mold knife. I clamped the coddles around the clay build-up and filled-in any gaps between the coddles and the clay build-up with oil-clay.






The wire armature will stick out of the moulage mold about 0.75 inch. I will need to plug that hole before I pour the carving wax.






I made an estimate of how much moulage I will need to melt for this mold.



The space that I need to fill is 78 cubic inches (1.5"x4"x13"). The arm is a cylinder that I am estimating is 5 cubic inches (1.125" dia. x 10"). I subtract the 5 cu.in. from the 78 cu.in. to get 73 cu.in. The moulage weighs about 0.65357 oz. per cu.in., so 73 cu.in. multiplied by 0.65357 is 47.71061 oz.
47.71061 oz. divided by 16 oz. per pound is 2.98191 pounds of moulage.
I will round that off to 3 pounds for each side of the mold, or about 6 pounds total.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.