Monday, September 17, 2012

06 Waste Molds Nº 8




I am considering molding the arms together in a one-piece moulage block mold, then cutting it apart with my mold knife in order to remove the oil-clay and cast the carving wax. In the photo below I have attached both oil-clay arms to a spare. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Once again I am going to make the coddle from cereal box cardboard. This time, however, I am going to add some more cardboard around the outside for reinforcement.






This is the oval cylinder taped onto the molding board with duct tape. At the bottom of the cylinder the dimensions are 5 inches by 6.5 inches. That is an area 26 square inches (using the formula: area=W x L x 0.8). The cylinder is 12.75 inches tall, so the volume of the cylinder is 331.5 cubic inches. One cup has a volume of 14.6 cubic inches. So I will need about 22 cups of moulage to fill this cylinder.






This is the view looking down into the coddle. I still don't know if I am going to do it this way, or make a two-piece mold. I may have to look at it a little bit longer to make up my mind.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.