Tuesday, September 18, 2012

06 Waste Molds Nº 9




I am doing some more thinking about  this one-piece block moulage mold for the oil-clay arms. I am using some small pieces of plywood that I have in my studio scrap box. I put some pieces around the cardboard coddle, and put some rubber bands around them. Furthermore, I used some flat pieces of wood and some wire brads to try and hold the boards and the top of the coddle at a specific distance apart, so that there is sufficient space for the moulage to pour around the oil-clay arms. Click on any image to enlarge it.






This is what it looks like from the side. I got his idea of reinforcing a cardboard coddle from the book, Pop Sculpture, by Tim Bruckner. I am still not absolutely certain that I am going to mold the arms this way, but I am exploring some different things. Making a one piece block mold, and cutting it later on, seems so much easier than making a clay build-up and making a two-piece mold. However, I am thinking it may take less moulage to make the two-piece mold? I don't know yet. I am still thinking about this.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.