Sunday, October 14, 2012

06 Waste Molds Nº 34




Moving on to the right leg, I am going to use the same build-up I used for the left leg, only this time I am going to turn it over and mold the back of the leg first, because that way the cut-out is very close to the profile of the leg. I used a Sharpie marker to make some lines that I need to cut, for this leg to fit. I use a hand-held jig saw to cut along the lines. Click on any image to enlarge it.






As before, the wire armature holds the leg up on the build-up. There are quite a few spaces between the build-up and the oil-clay leg that I must fill in. I will also create the spare. This time, I am not going to forget to place some extra registration keys on the mold. I forgot to do that last time, but luckily, I was able to get the mold aligned because of the straight sides of the coddles.






Here, all the spaces between the build-up and the oil-clay leg have been filled in. I added a spare and some registrations keys.






I place the coddles around the build-up and clamp them into place securely. This is ready to pour the first half of the hot-melt moulage mold.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.