Tuesday, October 16, 2012

06 Waste Molds Nº 36




This is deja vu all over again. I am using a small box lid and a Sharpie marker to outline the right oil-clay leg on a new piece of Melanine paneling that I am using as the build-up (4.125 by 15.25 inches). I raised my modeling stand all the way up so I could do this job without being bent way over. It was easier to do at almost eye level. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I made sure the armature wire was level with the build-up.






I braced the leg into position with some small pieces of Roma oil-clay.






Once I had the outline marked, all around the leg, I connected the dots, making sure that the line was to the outside of the marks. I want the cutout to be a little bit larger than the oil-clay leg.






I drilled a hole inside the outline so the blade from my hand-held jig saw could start cutting along the line.






This is the jig saw with the blade inserted in the hole.







This is the cutout. I had to fit the leg in the cutout, and file some places that were too tight. I keep trying the leg in the cutout until it fits.






This is the leg in the build-up, with Roma oil-clay filling in the spaces between the leg and the build-up. I was a little bit more generous this time. I do not want to lose another mold. The important thing about making mistakes is to try and learn from them.






I added some Roma oil-clay registration keys. I do not want to forget them again.






I clamped the coddles around the build-up securely. This leg is ready to be molded.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.