Friday, October 19, 2012

06 Waste Molds Nº 39




Hot-melt moulage is reusable. It needs to be kept moist. It also needs to be chopped-up so it will melt nicely, the next time it is used. I chop it up with a kitchen cleaver. I store it in Atlas Mason jars with tight fitting lids. Each jar holds approximately one pound of moulage chunks. I have 12 Atlas Mason jars to store the moulage in. This is part of the process of making my doll. I try to do a little bit of work on my doll every day. Click on the image to enlarge it.



I am seriously thinking about buying a used food processor at the Thrift store to use for chopping up the moulage. It has the consistency of very firm tofu. I do not not have a food processor, so I do not know how it will work? When the moulage first arrives, it is shredded quite small. It takes me a long time to chop up twelve pounds of moulage by hand. It is not so much the time that bothers me, but my back gets sore after awhile when I am chopping up moulage. I must do the chopping in shifts. Eventually, it all gets chopped up and stored in jars, ready for reuse.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.