Sunday, October 21, 2012

06 Waste Molds Nº 41




I was able to look at this post of the armature to see where the middle of the wooden torso had been cut out, and replaced with wires. Then I clamped a pair of Vise Grip pliers onto the neck wire, and hung the torso from the modeling stand. I drilled a hole in a piece of scrap wood to accept an old dental tool that had a point ground on it. The point was about 6.5 inches from the base of the modeling stand, which is just about right in the middle of the torso wires I used this little tool to trace a line around the torso. This is the line I am going to use to cut the torso in half. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I had to brace the torso with one hand, while I traced the line around the torso with the tool in the other hand. This idea worked out okay.






I took the torso off the modeling stand and placed it on a pillow. Then I used my fettling knife to cut the torso in half, cutting along the line I had made with the little tool.






Here is the torso with the middle armature wires removed.



The next step is build-up a spare on each half of the torso. Then I will need to make a custom build-up from the same paneling I used to make the build-up for the legs, for each half of the torso. I do not know yet, if I will have to make some new sides for the coddles. Moving right along.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.