Monday, October 22, 2012

06 Waste Molds Nº 42




I made a spare for the upper torso. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I made a spare for the lower torso.



The next thing to do is make some coddles for the torso pieces, apply shellac to seal them, then melt and pour hot-melt moulage for each piece. The armature wire coming out of the neck of the upper torso will leave a hole in the moulage mold. The hole will be sealed by the mold resting on the mold table.

From the bottom of the spare, to 3/4 inches above the top of the neck is 9 inches. The lower torso is the widest piece at 6.5 inches wide. I need to add at least one inch to get a mold that is 1/2 inch thick at the thinnest point. I also need to add some length for the clamp to secure the coddle, so if I make two coddle boards 9x10 inches, that should do it. The depth of the lower torso is 4.5 inches. Add an inch to that for the thickness of the mold, and some clamp space, and I need will need to make two more coddle piece that are 9x7 inches. All coddle boards will have a piece of 1x1x9 inch wood added for clamping.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.