Wednesday, October 24, 2012

06 Waste Molds Nº 44




The new coddles are clamped together around the oil-clay lower torso. I sealed all around the bottom of the coddles with some coils of oil-clay. Click on any image to enlarge it.






There is one half inch space all around the oil-clay torso and the coddles.






I made a mold mark one half inch above the top of the oil-clay model.






I melted ten pounds of hot-melt moulage. I figured that I would need nine pounds of moualge to fill the coddles to the mold mark. I always like to have a little bit extra left over. That is always better than coming up short.






I poured everything I had. See what I mean?






Actually, I poured a little bit over the mold mark because there was so little moulage left over that I scraped every last bit into the coddles.






I used the mold table vibrator when I poured the moulage. After everything was poured, I turned the vibrator off and covered the mold with plastic. I will melt and pour the lower torso in carving wax tomorrow.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.