Wednesday, November 7, 2012

07 Carving Wax Nº 8




This is a photo of my tray of recently cast carving wax doll parts. They all have seam lines and spares. My first order of business will be to work on the seam lines and trim off the spares. I will keep the trimmings for use as filler material. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Here are all the carving wax doll parts laid out on the floor with a ruler next to them.






This is another view of the carving wax doll parts laid out on the floor. After trimming the seams and spares, I will have to make some decisions about cutting the arms and legs into upper and lower arms and legs. Then I will have to design the joints, and weld cast carving wax balls to the limbs. Then I will test string her and she if the joint designs will work, or not. Once the joints work, I will refine the doll parts so they can be molded again in the final plaster slip casting molds.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.