Sunday, November 25, 2012

08 Joint Design Nº 18




The hips will need to have some rather large diameter balls to fit the tops of the upper thighs. I have made some measurements, and it looks like the balls will be almost three inches in diameter. Click on any image to enlarge it.






There are three basic ways that the hips can be designed. I am showing two of the ways in the diagram below. The third way is to have the balls attached to the lower torso. In Nº 1 below, the hip socket faces forward, and is slanted from the back to the front at about a 45 degree angle. In Nº 2 below, the hip socket is slanted at about a 45 degree angle from the crotch out to the side of the doll. The way that I cut the oil-clay legs from the oil-clay torso are closer to Nº 1 than Nº 2, and I think that is probably the way that I will make the hips. However, I am also considering Nº 2.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.