Wednesday, December 5, 2012

08 Joint Design Nº 28




I heat the blade of my paring knife over a jeweler's alcohol lamp. Then I cut the spare off the carving wax casting. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I saw back and forth with the heated blade of the knife until it cuts through. I cut the carving wax, leaving a little bit to carve down to the surface of the ball. It is easier for me to subtract from the ball than to add carving wax to the ball.






Then I cut through the spare in another angle with the heated blade. Can you see the flame on the alcohol lamp? It is almost invisible. That is a clean burning fuel. I am using a piece of an old cotton tee-shirt as a wick in the alcohol lamp.






The heated blade cuts the carving wax nicely.






These are the carving wax castings with the spares cut off.






These are the carving wax spares that I cut off.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.