Wednesday, December 12, 2012

08 Joint Design Nº 35




I soak the plaster molds in warm water until they are completely saturated with water. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Meanwhile, I melt some carving wax in the wax pot.






I dab the excess water from the molds with toilet tissue.






I band the mold together with rubber bands and place it on the molding table for pouring.






I pour the carving wax from the wax pot into a ladle, then pour the carving wax in a steady, even stream into the spare until it fills completely.






When the carving wax thickens, I empty the excess carving wax back into the wax pot.






I open the mold in the sink of water.






I remove the carving wax casting, and dab out the excess water with toilet tissue.






I pour more carving wax balls, repeating the above steps. If the carving wax gets too thick in the mold, and I cannot pour the excess wax out of the mold, I use a paint brush handle to make an opening so I can pour the excess carving wax out.






Four 40mm cast carving wax balls.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.