Tuesday, December 18, 2012

08 Joint Design Nº 41




Even though these photos are not to the same scale, they are notes to me that I want to change the size of the hip ball from 66mm to 75mm. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I finally decided that the 66mm hip ball was too small for my doll.



Since I do not have any spherical objects that are 75mm in diameter, I am thinking that I might use the same technique that Ryo Yoshida uses to make balls for joints. Instead of using a styrofoam ball as a core for the new ball, I will use the 66mm carving wax ball, and cover it with some Roma plastilina, rolled out to about 4mm or 5mm. Then I will make a new plaster mold of that ball, and cast it in carving wax. It will not hurt to have many different sizes of ball joint molds.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.