Sunday, December 23, 2012

08 Joint Design Nº 46




Once set up, the mold is ready to be split open. I use my paring knife to split the mold along the seam line. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I use a little brass hammer to tap the knife blade into the seam line.






I rotate the mold and do the same thing on each side until the mold starts to split.






The mold split cleanly on the seam line, revealing the pattern inside.






Here, the pattern has been removed from the mold.






I am reclaiming the oil-clay which covered the carving wax ball inside.






Next, I used my paring knife to carve the spare.






Here is the finished mold, ready to make 76mm carving wax balls.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

1 comment:

  1. Today we went to see The Hobbit (Part 1 of 3), and I saw this ad on the screen while we were waiting for the movie to begin: http://www.veryawesomeworld.com/

    Some how, some way, I would like to think that this doll journal works the same way as that book, except for doll makers. Wouldn't that be awesome?

    I release all of my own content under a Creative Commons Attribute Commercial Share-Alike license.

    Happy Happy Joy Joy !!!

    ReplyDelete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.