Friday, December 28, 2012

08 Joint Design Nº 51




I worked some more around the seam that was made when I joined the two halves of the torso. I use the wax pen to melt the base carving wax on the torso, as well as melting some pieces of carving wax into the melted area to fill in. Click on any image to enlarge it.






 I used my paring knife to subtract excess filling wax, then I used some sandpaper to smooth the area.






Sanding is similar to using a rake, and it exposes some low areas, which I filled in with carving wax, using my wax pen to melt both the base and the filler.






Then I scrape off the excess with my paring knife and sand it smooth.



The actual work is practice, practice and more practice: adding, subtracting, and smoothing repeatedly. Martha Armstrong-Hand




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.