Saturday, December 29, 2012

08 Joint Design Nº 52




Today I came down to the studio without any inspiration, energy, or motivation to work on my doll at all. In times like this, I try to do something. It has to be something that does not require much thinking, because all I can do is sit and stare stupidly at the tray full of carving wax doll parts, and wonder what I am doing. I finally decided to bevel the edges of my plaster ball molds. I cannot possibly do any harm by doing this. I used a tool called a Surform to bevel the edges of the molds. The bevel makes the mold nicer to handle, and lessens the risk of chipping a sharp corner of the mold. Also, the beveled edges are not as sharp on the rubber bands, so maybe they will last a little longer. After beveling the corners of the molds, I used the point of a large lag screw to carve the size of the mold on each mold. All of these ball molds have had a chance to dry out, so the plaster shavings did not clog up the teeth of the Surform blade. Click on the image to enlarge it.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.