Wednesday, January 2, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 56




I drilled some holes in the shoulders of the torso. I started with a 1/4 inch drill bit. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I followed that with a 3/8 inch drill bit.






Finally, I drilled the hole out with a 1/2 inch drill bit.






Here is a front view of the torso with a 1/2 inch diameter dowel stuck through the holes I drilled in the shoulders of the torso.






This is the back view.



After looking through the new doll book I got, I thought to myself how nice it is that each step of the doll making process is in order, instead of zig-zagging all over the place, like my posts do, here. Oh well, that is the difference between a published tutorial and a daily journal. I am figuring it out as I go along. I try to do a little bit of work on my doll every day. Some days are better than others.

It is a new year, and I still have so much to do on these carving wax doll parts.

On the torso, I need to make the neck joint, the shoulder sockets, the hip sockets, as well as cut the torso to make it a two part torso, and make the torso joint and socket for the two parts.

I need to make the neck socket on the head, as well as cut the skull cap, so I can change eyes later.

Both of the arms need to be cut at the elbow. Elbow balls need to be made. Elbow balls need to be added to the lower arms, a socket at the wrist, and a socket to the upper arm. A shoulder ball needs to be added to the upper arm.

Wrist balls need to be made. Both of the hands need to have balls added to the wrists. The fingers of the hands need to be sculpted and finished.

Both of the legs need to be cut at the knees. The hip balls need to added to the upper legs. Sockets need to be added to the knees of the upper legs. Knee balls need to be made. The knee balls need to be added to the tops of the lower legs. Ankle sockets need to be added to the bottoms of the lower legs.

Ankle balls need to be made. The ankle balls need to be added to the feet. The feet need to be sculpted and finished.

All the doll parts need to be test strung.

All the doll parts need to be refined as patterns for making the final slip casting molds.

The final slip casting molds need to be made.

The molds need to be poured.

The castings need to be finished and baked.

The baked castings need to be painted.

The painted doll parts need to be assembled with elastic.

Wig, clothing, shoes, stockings, underwear, all need to be made.

Yeah, I still have a lot of work to do on this ball-jointed doll.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.