Thursday, January 3, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 57




I carved some out of the inner upper left arm, fitting the shoulder ball as I did. I am working very timidly, not quite sure what to do, yet. However, as I work, I am beginning to see a way to do this joint. Click on any image to enlarge it.






In this photo of my working drawing, I have drawn some lines using Kolourpaint, a computer software graphics program. The dark brown line represents the torso, and the light brown line represents the carving wax arm and 40mm ball. The blue line is the original drawing line. If I want my doll to stay as close as possible to the working drawing, I will have to build-up carving wax in that area. Or, I can leave it like it is, which, as far as I know, looked good to me when I decided to take the oil-clay figure off the modeling stand. My inclination is to leave it the way it is.



The thing is, at some point, I am going to have to make the oil-clay sculpture into a ball-jointed doll, and I am going to have to do things to the various doll parts that will be less sculpture, and more BJD. I think that is why I am moving rather slowly at this point.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.