Sunday, January 6, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 60




After practicing for awhile on a piece of scrap carving wax, I decided to see what damage I could do to an actual doll part. I started out by using a 40mm matte board cutout, and placing it where I thought I should start cutting. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I used the point of the skew tool to trace around the cutout. The I used the 7mm gouge carving tool to start cutting the carving wax away on the inside of that line, trying to cut exactly to the line.






After carving for awhile, the inside of the arm started looking more like a circle.






As I worked, I test-fit the 40mm carving wax ball in the arm.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.