Wednesday, January 16, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 70






Today I cut the neck down to size so I could put a ball joint on it. I had previously marked where I needed to cut with a piece of masking tape. I used an X-Acto knife to cut the neck. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I made the cut in several passes of the knife, with each cut going a little deeper. Finally, the neck popped off.






I used the 40mm matte board cut out, and marked it with a pencil line where I wanted to cut the ball. Then I used it to mark a line on the ball with the point of the knife. I cut the ball along the line in several cuts, each cut going a little bit deeper.






I used my wax pen to weld the ball to the neck.






By fitting the head on the neck, I can see how much more I need to carve out the head, until it fits down to the line where I cut the neck.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.