Sunday, January 20, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 74




I have an idea about how to proceed with making the hip joints. I am not sure it will work, until I have tried it. The first thing I did was to lightly weld the carving wax feet to the legs. Then I banded the legs together with rubber bands. I am going to try and cut the top of the legs off, and I want to get them as close as possible to the same length. I have banded them together so I can adjust them, and scribe a line around the tops of the legs, at the same distance from the top of the table. Click on any image to enlarge it.






This is a side view. I will be trying to scribe the line around the legs at the lowest point in the back of the legs, where the bum meets the legs.






This is the back view. It is fairly easy to see the lowest point. That curve follows the curve of the bum.



The whole idea behind this attempt at positioning the ball is to maintain the height of the doll, without making the doll shorter or taller, and also to make the joint posable.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.