Monday, January 21, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 75




I used masking tape to secure the legs to a turntable. I have several combination squares in my studio, so I combined the parts of two of them to make a holder for a dental tool, which I taped on one of the parts with masking tape. I adjusted the tool to the height I wanted to scribe a line on the legs. Then I turned the turntable and scribed the line with the sharp point of the dental tool. This was done slowly and carefully. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I am surprised at how much of the leg I may need to cut off. This scribed line is the same distance from the turntable on each leg, so hopefully each leg will be the same length.



I will be measuring down from this scribed line in order to cut the legs into upper and lower legs at the knees.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.