Wednesday, January 23, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 77




Just as I did yesterday, I started by making a cut, with an X-Acto knife, around the top of the leg, along the line I scribed the other day. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Then I used the jeweler's alcohol lamp to heat the blade of the X-Acto knife, and cut all the way through the leg. I did this over and over again, all around the top of the leg, following the scribed line.






Finally, the cut was completed, and the top of the leg was removed.






I cleaned up the cut with the paring knife. I will be fitting a hip ball to the top of the leg.






The important thing is to get the legs the same height. If one leg is shorter than the other leg, the finished doll may have trouble standing.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.