Tuesday, January 29, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 83






The torso in the oatmeal container provided a very stable working area. I decided to go ahead and try attaching the pieces I cut off the top of the legs to the torso. I welded the pieces onto the torso from the inside. I left the outside cut lines for some sort of reference. Now I can cut and carve the pieces I have welded to the torso, and later, if I do not like what I have done, I can always cut them off again, using the outside cut lines. If I end up liking what I do, then I can weld the pieces from the outside, fill in the weld, scrape off the excess, and smooth the weld seam with sandpaper. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I placed the carving wax torso on a smooth, flat piece of plywood. I taped a sharp dental tool to a flat pencil, and scribed a line around the bottom of the pieces I had welded onto the torso. Next I will cut around the scribed lines with an X-Acto knife, in order to make the pieces more or less level on the bottom.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.