Sunday, February 17, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 102




I am going to work on the lower edge of the upper torso (the socket), so I wrap the ball of the lower torso in a plastic bag, and fasten it with rubber bands. This is to prevent carving wax from sticking to carving wax. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I turn my wax pot on to the setting that softens the wax without melting it. There is a layer of about 1cm of carving wax in the bottom of the wax pot.






When the layer of carving wax in the wax pot softened, I peeled the whole layer out of the wax pot and laid it over the plastic bag covered lower torso. Then I pressed the upper torso firmly over the softened wax.






I tore the excess carving wax off the softened layer.






I removed the upper torso from the lower torso and set it aside to cool and harden.






I made some carving wax filler sticks from the trimmed carving wax. I will use these with my wax pen for adding carving wax to the figure, filling holes, and so forth.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.