Tuesday, February 5, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 90




This is a plaster cast of a doll that I started back in 1989 and never finished. The hip sockets are cut at a straight angle, and the balls fit more into the sockets from the side than from the bottom. The range of movement with this type of ball joint is quite large. The one thing I do not like too much about it is that the bum has a panty cut to it, similar to a play line plastic fashion doll. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Looking once again at Martha Armstrong-Hand's example, the hip sockets are cut more like the above doll, than like the hip sockets on a resin BJD, or an OOAK BJD, such as made by Yoshida or Aimi. Desicions, decisions, decisions, oh my.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.