Tuesday, February 12, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 97






In the images below, the inside of the seam where I joined the two halves of the torso can be seen. These are photos of the lower torso. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I am trying to use the carving wax form that I made from the torso spares to make the top of the lower torso. I am trimming the form down with my paring knife, little by little.






After a lot of trimming, I have filled up the shavings container. The carving wax form that I started out with is now quite a bit smaller.






I carved so much on the form, I could see light through several thin spots. I wet an old sock with cold water and banded it around the top of the lower torso. This was to keep molten wax from leaking out through the thin areas. I melted the shavings in my wax pot, then poured some molten wax into the top of the lower torso, through a leg socket opening. Then I swirled the molten wax around until it was no longer molten. I am hoping that I will have enough carving wax to carve some more.






Once the molten wax solidified, I filled the lower torso with cold water to help it cool down. Being able to melt and pour the carving wax is a very good thing, in my opinion. I will still be able to drill a hole through it after I have finished carving it to shape.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.