Saturday, March 9, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 122




I decided to try and trim some of the ribcage off the bottom of the upper torso, so I started out by making a mark between the collar bones. Then I stuck a small knitting needle into the mark to make a small hole. This hole will be used as a base point for my wooden pottery calipers. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I made some marks with a Sharpie permanent marker, 1cm apart on  some  masking tape that I placed where I want to change the bottom of the ribcage.






After putting some masking tape on the other side of the bottom of the torso, I used the wooden pottery calipers to transfer the lines to the other side. I checked and double-checked my measurements. One point of the calipers were placed in the small hole I made between the collar bones. The other point was adjusted to the bottom of each line.






I am only removing a small bit at a time.






I cut the masking tape along the line on each side of the torso. This is the left side.






This is the right side.






I use my paring knife to remove the carving wax up to the scribed lines on both sides.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.