Sunday, March 17, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 130




I did the layout of some 70mm matter board rings using a metric ruler, a compass, and a protractor. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I used an X-Acto knife to cut the rings out. I made several passes for each cut.






Because I made both rings at the same time, the compass setting was used for drawing both circles, so they should be the same size.






The next step is to figure out where they should go on the hip sockets. I will positioning them, then tacking them into place. I will not weld them into place because I want to figure out where to make another cut, at a different angle, for the sockets. I am slowly sneaking up on where the final sockets will be, at what angle, and so forth. So I am cutting a little bit at a time.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.