Monday, March 18, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 131




I am playing around, trying to see if I can figure out a way to determine how much more of the leg socket I need to cut to get the leg to rotate to at least a 90° angle in relation to the torso. Here, the leg is in a standing position, with the torso, leg, and ball supported by oil-clay. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Here I have rotated the leg and ball in the hip socket until it stopped. I still have a little ways to go to get that 90° angle. The trick for me is to be able to make little tests like this without dropping carving wax doll parts on the floor. That is one reason I am working on the floor.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.