Tuesday, March 19, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 132




When I am stuck on how to do something, or I don't have as much time as I would like to have to do something, I pick up a doll part and work on it a little bit. Today I picked up the upper torso and worked on the right side where the arm was cut off. There is a flat area around the arm socket, and a small mold seam as well. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I used my paring knife to scrape the carving wax down, in order to remove the flat area around the arm socket. I also scraped down the mold seam. One thing I did that is quite obvious in this photo is that I used some of the thin carving wax shavings to fill some shallow areas. I did this by burnishing the carving wax shavings into the torso, using the blade of the paring knife. The burnished areas are lighter in color. If I had used the wax pen, then the fillings would have been closer in color to the torso. This is a quick way to fill  small pinholes, and other shallow areas without using a wax pen.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.