Monday, March 25, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 138






I pinned a matte board ring to a carving wax ring, then trimmed the carving wax to the inside diameter of the matte board ring, which is 70mm, or one third of the diameter of the hip joint ball. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Now I know for sure that the ball is one third into the upper leg. I checked the height of the ball against my working drawing, using my wooden pottery calipers. It is getting very close now.



Next, I will try to do the same thing to the other leg.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.