Tuesday, April 2, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 146




I decided to attach the hip joint ball to the top of the right leg. Click on any image to enlarge it.






On the working drawing, the length of the leg from the bottom of the foot to the top of the hip ball is 36.2mm.






I made a benchmark on my table.






The top of the hip ball is right on the benchmark, so I know the height of the leg is 36.2mm.






I welded the hip ball to the top of the leg, all the way around with my wax pen.






Then I used my paring knife to trim the weld a wee bit. It still needs more work.






I still need to do the left hip socket, and weld the ball to the top of the left leg.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.