Wednesday, April 3, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 147




Two views (front and side) of the right leg after trimming carving wax from the ring around the hip ball. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Two views (front and side) of the left leg, showing the hip ball joint ring tacked onto the leg.






Using the same setup I used for the right leg, I made sure the left leg was the same height as the right leg. This is important because if one leg ends up longer than the other, she will not stand straight later on.






Two views (front and side) of the left leg with the hip ball joint ring welded onto the leg.






The right and left leg, side-by-side. Now the left leg hip ball joint ring needs to be trimmed.






Well, what do you know? This is post number 1000 since I made my first BJD-making journal post on 6 July 2010: What is a BJD?. Really, the only significance this number has is that it tells me that I have been trying to make a BJD now for almost two and three-quarters years. I still have not finished my first BJD, even though I am on the third version of my first BJD. I still do not own any resin BJDs from any company in Asia. Also, I consider this Joint Design part of the process to be one of the most interesting. I am enjoying learning how to work with carving wax and about designing ball and socket joints. I hope you are enjoying this BJD-making journey as much as I am.

Here are a couple of work-in-progress views of the third version of my first BJD:







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.