Tuesday, April 9, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 153




I decided to make the cut for the knees at 20cm from the bottom of the feet. 20cm is very, very close to 8.875 inches, so I set my dental tool with the sharp point to that height by taping it to a couple of combination squares. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I checked that height a second time, against a leg. Yes, it still looks okay. Yoshida recommends cutting the leg through the middle of the knee.






I taped the leg down to the table with some masking tape so I wouldn't knock it over accidently, and to keep it from moving too much while I was scribing the line. I did the right leg first.






I used the exact same method to scribe a line around the left leg.






Yeah, those scribed lines look pretty good. I took my time doing this. Why rush it?






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.