Monday, April 15, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 159




This is a 40mm paper template. I use it to position the knee ball. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Once positioned where I want it, I use my X-Acto knife to scribe a line around it.






I use my paring knife to carve out to the line.






As I am carving, I test the cut with the 40mm ping pong ball I used to make a mold for 40mm carving wax balls. I twist the ping pong ball back and forth in the leg, and it rubs a spot in places. Then I carve where the spot was made.






When the ping pong ball fits, I try the carving wax ball. It fits perfectly.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.