Tuesday, April 16, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 160




I used the 40mm paper template to scribe a line around for the socket in the upper leg. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I carved out the socket until the ping pong ball fit inside, and the outside of the legs were lined up. Oops !!! It looks like I carved too much. I used my wax pen to fill in the gaps. I pushed straight pins through the leg, into the ping pong ball when the outside of the leg was lined up. That way, the ball and socket would be in the right place.






The ping pong ball is inside the leg. The leg is lined up on the outside. The ping pong ball fits tightly in the lower leg. The socket fits the ping pong ball tightly in the upper leg.






Right now, it looks like this.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.