Friday, April 19, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 163




This is a diagram of the side view of the knee joint that I have been playing around with in Kolourpaint, just to get an idea of what I am trying to do. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I use a combination square and a bamboo skewer to help make the 45 degree line on the back of the lower leg. I work from one side, then the other. I use the marks I made on the leg from the 40mm paper template to line up the ruler. Yoshida says that the knee should pivot from the middle of the ball.






This is what the bamboo skewer scratched into the leg as I ran it along the edge of the ruler, which was set at 45 degrees. The leg is round, so I had to keep the skewer straight up and down, as well as keep the point in contact with the surface of the leg, as it was going down and away from the edge of the ruler. I hope that makes sense?






It seems like a lot to cut off, but I used my calipers to measure the line on the leg, and I made a 45 degree line from the center of the knee joint, and the distance is the same on the leg as it is on the drawing. Below is a side view of the tracing paper overlay on top of the knee joint of my working drawing.



I am still holding off on making the cut. I will probably work on the other leg until I can get it caught up with this one. There is always plenty to do. I try to do a little bit of work on my doll every day. Little by little she is coming along. It isn't so much talent that is needed to make a BJD, but some patience, perseverance, and a little bit of luck.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.