Friday, May 3, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 177






I use my wax pen to fill in the hole in the side of the lower left carving wax leg. I start by putting a scrap piece of carving wax in the hole. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I melt the scrap piece of carving wax in the hole, making sure that I melt the base leg and the scrap together. I melt a wee bit more wax into the hole than is needed.






Then I scrape the excess wax off, trying to follow the form of the leg as I do so.






I also worked on the three 40mm diameter carving wax balls that I cast yesterday. They are shown with the one finished ball that I had. I could have sworn I had two finished carving wax balls, but I could only find one. That is why I cast more.






I used the wax pen to melt the carving wax inside the spares, thus filling in the holes.






I use my paring knife to scrape off the excess carving wax. I try to follow the shape of the surface of the ball. I also scraped off the mold seams. I am not going to fill in any of the ring on the ball on the far right because I can put that part in the leg, so it won't show anyway.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.