Wednesday, May 8, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 182




I set up to cut the right carving wax arm at the elbow, along the line I scribed with a sharp pointed dental tool. I am using my jeweler's alcohol lamp and an X-Acto knife to make the cut. I heat the knife blade over the flame of the lamp, then I insert the blade as close to perpendicular to the arm as I can, along the scribed line. Click on any image to enlarge it.






I work like that until the arm is completely cut along the scribed line.






This is what the cut looks like, before I cleaned it up with my paring knife.






This ball looks pretty good from this angle, but I am thinking that I may make a smaller carving wax ball for the elbow. Yoshida says that the balls for the knees and the elbows should be inside the line of the limb, and this size ball is right on the line, or even a little bit over the line.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.