Saturday, May 18, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 192




I worked some more with the ankle joint in Kolourpaint. I feel like I am making progress with my design. I may make some matte board rings for the ankle socket. The rings will fit down one third of the diameter of the carving wax ankle joint ball. I am trying to maintain the overall height of my doll, so she doesn't get shorter or taller when she is strung. I have outlined an area of the foot that may need to be removed, so the foot will have some range of motion. After all, the whole reason for ball joints is so I can pose the doll when I am playing with her. Click on any image to enlarge it.






The only other experience I have making carving wax ankle joints is when I made Carving Wax Test Doll. She got melted down to make these carving wax parts. Carving wax is reusable.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.