Tuesday, May 21, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 195




When I want to know exact measurements, I have to draw with a pencil and a paper and measure the drawing with a ruler. This photo shows a 32mm diameter circle, divided into thirds, with another circle drawn at the one third mark, labeled 29mm. Then another circle is drawn that is a wee bit larger than that (34mm diameter) which will be the size of the matte board ring. Click on any image to enlarge it.






The carving wax ball is 32mm in diameter. I want one third of the ball in the socket of the lower leg. I divide my 32mm circle into thirds. One third measures 29mm. The outside diameter of the matte board ring will be about 34mm.



Each of the socket ends of the lower legs are about 30mmx40mm. That means I will have to make some adjustments.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.