Thursday, May 23, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 197




I started out by scribing some criss-cross lines on the bottom of the lower left leg, to try and center the matte board ring. I turned on my wax pen and let it heat up, then I tacked the matte board ring in place. Click on any image to enlarge it.






This is a turnaround, showing how the matte board ring is more or less centered on the bottom of the lower leg. This will be the socket of the ankle joint.






I use the wax pen to add carving wax where it is needed on the leg, to fill in where the matte board ring is larger than the area of the carving wax leg.






I do the same thing on the other side.






I use my paring knife to carve out the inside of the socket.






I test fit the carving wax ankle joint ball in the socket as I work.






A lot of carving wax shavings were produced.



The actual work is practice, practice and more practice: adding, subtracting, and smoothing repeatedly. ~ Martha Armstrong-Hand





Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.