Thursday, May 30, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 204




As I position the carving wax ball in the foot, I also check the position of the ball by fitting the lower leg on the ball. I left just enough of the original foot there, so I can see if the leg is in the proper position in relation to the foot. Subtracting carving wax is very much like adding oil-clay. I start by carving away large areas, and as I get closer to the final form, the subtracting gets smaller and smaller. If I subtract too much, I can always use my wax pen to add some carving wax to the area that needs it. So the final carving is so small, I can not really show any significant progress with photos. Click on any image to enlarge it.






Here are the right and left legs together, showing that I have finally made the right leg match the left leg as closely as I can at this time. There may be some more finicky work to do before I weld the carving wax balls to the feet, but that is the next step, as far as I know. What? Now I am doing steps? Yeah, right. As if I know what I am doing.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.