Monday, May 6, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 180




Today I am playing around with the ankle joint. Yoshida recommends that the cut for the ankle joint be right through the middle of the ankle. However, on my figure, the inside ankle is a little bit higher than the outside ankle. So I decided to see what it would look like with the scribed line at the middle of the outside ankle, first. I scribed the line with a sharp pointed dental tool. Click on any image to enlarge it.



According to my working drawing, the middle of the outside ankle is at 3cm from the bottom of the foot.




I stacked several items up, with the sharp pointed dental tool on top. On the bottom is the roll of masking tape, then a popsicle stick, then a flat drawing pencil, and finally the dental tool. The point of the dental tool is 3cm high.






I may change this line? I will study it and make my decision. This is part of the design process. I want to try and make an informed choice, based on how the scribed lines look.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.