Thursday, June 6, 2013

08 Joint Design Nº 211




I am still working on the design of the wrist joint. The sketch below shows the hard rubber ball divided into thirds. One third is going into the hand, leaving two thirds sticking out. Of that two thirds, one third might go inside the socket. So in order for the arm to stay the same length, I may have to shorten the lower arm. That is what I am trying to figure out. Click on the image to enlarge it.



If I cannot make a decision real soon, I will try working on the elbow joint while I am thinking about the wrist joint. At any rate, I will probably need to make a plaster mold for casting carving wax elebow joints, so I might as well start working on the ball for the elbow, so I can make all the molds at the same time, and not waste any setup time.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.